Criminal Justice Reform
Help end mass incarceration and the growth of the prison industrial complex, promote the rights of the formerly and currently incarcerated, create alternatives to prison, and hallenge race, gender, and class inequalities in the criminal justice system. We advocate for a system where prison is no longer used as a means to cure social ills.
- AB 1056 (Atkins). Second Chance Program.
- AB 396 (Jones-Sawyer). Rental Housing Discrimination: Application: Criminal Records.
- SB 405 (Hertzberg). Vehicles: Infraction and Misdemeanor Violations: Amnesty.
- SB 124 (Leno). Juveniles: Solitary Confinement.
- SB 504 (Lara). Court Records: Sealing.
- AB 926 (Jones-Sawyer). Parole: Safe Communities Grant Program.
- SB 224 (Liu). Elderly Parole Program.
- SB 759 (Anderson). Prisoners: Secured Housing Units.
- SB 219 (Liu). Prisons: Alternative Custody.
- SB 261 (Hancock). Youth Offender Parole Hearings.
- Budget & Policy Reform
- Economic Prosperity & Empowerment
- Education & Employment
- Health & Community Safety
- Criminal Justice Reform